I just started blogging this January and what a fun experience it still is. I’ve met a lot of interesting people from different ethnicity and continents. I am honored to be awarded The Versatile Blogger Award by one very special person too, check her out on this post I’d Like To Thank The Academy…
As mandated by the rule on accepting this prestigious award, I have to share 5 things back and then pass the award to 5 others.
So,I hope these 5 things are just the right peek about me to perk your interest and compel you to visit and drop me a line or two here, once in a while.
1. I am half of a fraternal twin set (girls) and I married 1 of a set of identical triplets named Michael I, Michael II and Michael III. I married Michael I.
2. I love movie spoilers. I like knowing the highlights if not the whole plot of the movie I am about to see, to fully appreciate all the dialogues and the lines. I hate to miss something on the face, on the acting, on the plot. I am like this with movies. But not with books though.
3. I am partial anal-retentive, I can memorize the car plate number of friends, I can remember almost all birthday of my friends highschool/college, I can even remember their middle names. When the mobile phone is not yet so popular and when I am still so poor to buy one (finally able to buy one by scraping up school allowance), I know all the mobile numbers of my closest friends, all eleven digits of them. But now, I digress on memorizing mobile numbers, I can still memorize my best friends’ number, mine and my husband’s though.
4. I have a list of my menstrual cycle since 1998 to present. Read : Partial. Anal-retentive. Person. I say partial because I don’t think I’m not that obssessive with lists and files, just partly. Emphasis on partly.
5. I suck on Mathematics, who doesn’t right? So when I passed and qualified for a National Scholarship grant (Department of Science and Technology scholarship), I chose Engineering to conquer my fear of numbers. I found out Math is just a matter of practice-solving all exercises on the books and some more practice and diligent studying when periodical tests comes and part memorizing endless formulas, which by the way, you can store on an expensive high-end calculator, in case you blanked-out on the actual exam day. Unfortunately, I found out, my degree doesn’t matter really much in my lifetime career of motherhood.
On to my 5 blog reads, this in according to the order of my stumbling upon their fabulous blog sites. Go check them out! Now.
Twinisms – She’s a mom of 2 sets of twins, I’ve first come acrossed her when she was featured in Freshly Pressed. From that moment on, I find I have to have my dose of twinisms before I officially start working. She has a way of telling things hilariously and she keeps witty, diverse, interesting blog friends too!
Musings of Mama Grace – Grace is Indonesian-born Aussie-bred. She’s mom to 2 active twin boys and wife to an avid surfer. Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and Japanese. If this doesn’t convince you yet, my fellow kababayan Filipinos, she’s a self-confessed karaoke queen! There.
Stupid Ugly Foreigner – Mike is a Canadian teaching ESL in South Korea. I also stumbled upon his site when he was Freshly Pressed. He’s someone who is generally incapable of getting a post in under 1000 words. Follow him on his very insightful funny adventures on the Korean culture.
The Fire Horse – I first noticed this mom of 2 adorkable boys via Bridget of twinisms above. Her dry wit is just refreshing. I’ve been back reading all her blog posts since then. She has a knack of describing picture riotously! And from her I learned the cool word, evisceration. Top that!
Ooopss! No number 5, the spot is up for grabs! 🙂